Assistant Accountant for an established and forward-thinking organisation in Bury St Edmunds
Your new company
Our client, a progressive and growing organisation is seeking a professional and proactive accounts professional to join them in the newly created role of Assistant Accountant.
Your new role
Reporting to the Finance Manager and working as part of a wider finance team, this is a varied accounting role with the opportunity to become a key part of the accounts team:
- Assisting with month end and management accounting requirements
- Bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting in maintaining and developing current standard costing models
- Provision of cost and margin information to support product pricing
- Responsible for weekly reporting including sales and margin and debt analysis
- VAT returns and Intrastat & EC Sales
- Overseeing the stock control systems
- Overseeing the sales and purchase ledgers
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a proven track record of working in an Assistant Accountant or Accountant role with strong systems and Excel skills (pivot tables / v lookups). Confident bookkeeping skills and experience of helping with management accounts and reporting tasks will be key. You will be a friendly, professional and positive individual who enjoys working as part of a team and supporting other team members.
What you'll get in return
£25000 - £30000 dependent on experience and qualification
Potential to study for a professional accounting qualification
Full time hours with flexible working
Contributory pension scheme
Modern office environment with a friendly, down to earth and professional culture
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.