Main Purpose of Job:
Ensure that business solutions deployed by Client Wealth Management (meet business objectives and are consistent, pragmatic, and joined up across business units, suppliers and technology.
Key Responsibilities of the Job:
Own the end to end CLIENT process architecture for the assigned programmes or subject areas, engaging and obtaining buy-in from stakeholders where required
- Deliver consultancy to support business decision making, shaping new initiatives and future projects and programmes
- Influence and approve the design of future phases/other initiatives
- Provide process and organisational design advice to others involved in business design.
- Produce overview or cross functional design documents where required. This can include target operating model views and roadmaps for a programme, subject area or business unit with support from technical and data architecture teams and other business architects as needed
- Provide design assurance by approving relevant business requirements definitions and business designs, ensuring joined up, complete and consistent
- Support the Technical and Data Architects to assure design of the data, application, and technology elements of the solution
- Manage significant design issues to resolution within assigned projects and programmes
Requirements of the Job:
People Management Responsibilities:
- Extensive business design and analysis experience on large systems and business change programmes in the financial services industry particularly in Life, Pensions and Investments, across multiple business areas
- Experience of the full development lifecycle in Waterfall and Agile approaches
- Knowledge of programme and project management disciplines and their application
- Good knowledge of the financial services industry, its products, distribution models and business solutions
- Commercial awareness, and application of commercial considerations to designs
- Can visualise a problem, understand the component parts, develop resolution options and think them through from concept to implementation
- Be comfortable dealing with limited information and significant ambiguity
- Derive patterns from specific examples of a problem to drive common and simpler solutions
Nature and Scope of Impact:
CLIENTis a large company with significant dependency on many suppliers and solutions. There are many change programmes and projects across the organisation large and small, with impacts across CLIENTprocesses, people, data and systems. This role will involve working with business stakeholders, analysts, technology and data architects and directly with suppliers ensuring that clients and partners receive a consistent and high quality service.
This role may be considering any change initiatives across any areas of the organisation; it will be working across multiple projects and across internal and external organisational boundaries.
- Can quickly understand and articulate simply the current and future business architecture/operating model and interdependencies
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), at all levels
Occasional travel to suppliers’ sites or field locations across the country required.