Quality Control Technician
Kinetic Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Control Technician to join our client, a national leader in providing a high quality service to multiple importer and exporter partners, on a temp to perm basis.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years industry experience of testing, before, during and after production Fresh Produce to ensure that they confirm to specifications. You will be responsible for inspecting and testing produce to ensure they meet required levels of quality.
- Ensure that all arrivals are inspected as per the relevant intake protocol
- Ensure that all aspects of product quality are accurately reported to the customers and business
- Ensure that any temperature abuse or other issues that can seriously affect product quality are immediately reported to the customer.
- To ensure all product packaging and detail meets or exceeds the customer’s and legal standards.
- Maintain an understanding of each customers labelling and packaging specifications.
- Continually monitor labelling and packaging standards of packed product.
- Ensure accuracy of date coding, barcoding and all other pack and outer case labels information is correct.
- Ensure all associated promotional detail, ribbon and any other form of additional pack information is correct.
- Ensure that the correct packaging is being used as per customer requirements.
- Responsible for raw material checks
- Responsible to collect shelf life samples
- Set up quality standards on the line before productions starts
- Ensure that all non-conforming product information is quickly communicated to line supervisors and managers to minimise any downtime.
- To changeover between products effectively, safely and hygienically in accordance with Company and Customer procedures.
- To work efficiently and effectively ensuring that you contribute to the daily Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) of the department as set by the Quality Control Manager and the needs of the business.
- To maintain high levels of health, safety, hygiene and housekeeping
- To clearly communicate between all colleagues in your team and your Line Managers in a timely manner.
This role is fast paced and based within a warehouse setting where you will need to meet strict deadlines.
The working pattern for this role is 4 on 4 off 12 hours shifts.