Biology Teacher Vacancy Gwynedd Area
New Directions are recruiting for a Biology teacher to work a school in Gwynedd on a day to day basis.
Our client require a teacher who will be comfortable delivering Biology up to A’Level standard.
The successful teacher will have an in-depth knowledge of the curriculum, have the ability to deliver stimulating and engaging lessons and will be abreast of the latest developments in the teaching of Biology . You will also be comfortable with the requirements of the external examinations board so that you are able to provide the best possible support to staff and pupils alike when required.
It will be essential that the successful applicant is able to accurately maintain records, effectively monitor and assess pupil’s development and ensure that all lessons are planned in a manner to allow all pupils fulfill their potential.Additional Information
New Directions Education registers supply jobs for science teachers in all disciplines across our network of UK branches.
If your specialism is teaching biology, physics or chemistry and you are looking for work in a school, we may have jobs that you will be interested in, particularly if you are a newly qualified teacher (NQT) or looking for supply teaching work.
Science technician jobs are also widely available across our network of UK branches where practical experience around the classroom, including setting up practical lesson, would be essential.The Role of a Supply Science Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.