Group Management Accountant
Here at Safestore our people make the difference. We’re a friendly team and thrive on providing exceptional customer service, whilst selling the right storage solution to our customers.
We are looking for qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) with post-qualified experience in a similar role, to join us in the role of Group Management Accountant. You will have excellent communication skills along with the flexibility to approach a variety of tasks with a systematic and adaptable manner. Previous experience in financial and management accounting in a group environment with exposure to group consolidation including management of deliverables across multiple business units would be beneficial. You will be able to demonstrate strong Excel and IT skills and be capable of data manipulation, report generation, analysis and presentation.
Self-Storage is more than what you think it is. We are in the business of solving customer’s storage needs whether it’s a family looking to move house or a student on summer break, our customers make it interesting and you will be responsible for a variety of areas including:
Management Information (MI): The role has responsibility for the production and distribution of all MI deliverables to support the business objectives of all finance customers across all Safestore Group companies:
- Board - Active role in supporting board reporting including monthly/bi-annual board distributions
- Executive - Responsible for the production of all Group Management Account deliverables
- Internal - Responsible for the production of all departmental deliverables and distribution of all national, regional and store-level MI
- External - Active role in the production of data to support Interim Management Statements (IMS), Property Valuations and all equivalent external management information outputs
- Acquisitions - Responsible for integrating and delivering the MI requirements of stakeholders for all acquired operations
Performance Measurement: Prepare, compute and review monthly and quarterly sales performance results for all Safestore UK store and sales staff, liaising with operations, risk, IT and payroll staff to ensure accuracy and transparency
Budgeting and Forecasting: Support the annual budget and quarterly re-forecasts for all Safestore Group companies
Business Partnering: Develop and maintain effective business relationships with all Safestore Group Finance customers and all external stakeholders across all business areas and work streams, working with customers to develop and maintain appropriate MI deliverables to support all group objectives
Projects and Analysis: Take an active role in continuous business improvement; leading cost/value management initiatives, project management (finance projects) and ad-hoc analysis required across the Group
Statutory Reporting: Support monthly Group consolidation and statutory reporting for all Safestore Group companies and subsidiaries with specific support for annual report and analyst presentation deliverables
This role attracts a basic salary of £45,000 to £55,000 plus other benefits including Private Healthcare and Bonus
- Qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) with post-qualified experience in a similar role
- Proven track record of financial and management accounting in a group environment with exposure to group consolidation including management of deliverables across multiple business units would be an advantage
- Demonstrable experience in working within or managing finance projects, supporting decision-making activities and creating and developing effective business relationships
- Strong Excel and IT skills capable of data manipulation, report generation, analysis and presentation
Why work for Safestore?
Sitting within the FTSE 250, we are a well-known, respectable brand within our market. We have an impressive track record in managing and developing assets, with over 100 stores nationwide and 43,000 plus customers. Investing in our people, Safestore has been awarded Gold accreditation by Investors In People.