SEN Teaching Assistant - Harlow - Essex
We are recruiting on behalf of a college for an SEN Teaching Assistant to start work in September 2018, term-time only.
We are looking for someone that has experience in either working with people that have Special Educational Needs or have experience in providing personal care.
This role requires you to be confident and supportive with the students with various learning, behavioural and/or physical difficulties. You will provide care on a 1:1 basis or in a small group with other work colleagues.This role offers a range of duties which require you to be passionate and committed.
Some of the roles include but not limited to:
- Supporting students on vocational courses as well as academic lessons.
- Regular visits outside of the college to help the students gain independence.
- Providing medical support, personal care and feeding as and when needed.
The school would like the potential LSA to possess:
- SEN experience
- Experience with providing personal care.
- Work cooperatively with the students, work colleagues, parents and the wider college community.
- Maintain patience and to remain professional.
This position will offer in house continuous professional development and training. You will have the support and guidance from a friendly team that work together to provide the best support and education for the students.
Due to the nature of this position successful employment is subject to satisfactory references and safety checks.
If you feel you have the relevant skills, experience or suitable qualifications, then please do not hesitate to apply.