Financial Analyst - Business Partner
The objective of this role is to liaise 360 degrees with diverse stakeholders and be able to understand their business requirements and translate them into analytical solutions and insights.
This will be done by building specific data visualisations (i.e. dashboards, reports, metrics, financial modelling…) using a variety of tools ( i.e. Tableau), accompanying these solutions with specific financial, commercial, business analysis and insights.
As a business partner you will work closely with our Business Intelligence Analysts and Data Scientists and the overall business to deliver the business requirements within a timely and consistent manner.
You are required to develop and provide information on performance to help maximise revenue and profit as well as minimise costs.
A particular focus of the role will be leveraging the tableau platform and developing ad-hoc analysis for the business (commercial, marketing, financial, business analysis,…).
Within this position you will be expected to work with different departments across the business to ensure areas of opportunity are identified and the progress monitored.
You will be responsible for interpreting business requests and translate them into technical visualisation outputs, summarising data and presenting results in Tableau, Excel or other software as needed.
The role will be expected to provide data to aid decision support in the business whether in the customer funnel or the functional operations of the business
- Be the front face of the FP&A and Business Intelligence function with the business and work closely with the BI/Datawarehouse Analysts to ensure solutions that accurately reflect the business requirements;
- Manage opportunities through Tableau development and solution deployments;
- Produce data requests for business/commercial analysis that support the decision-making processes of the diverse functional areas;
- Identify keys areas of opportunity and monitor progress against KPIs set;
- Create, maintain and produce ad-hoc reports; analyse data to create and support business projects/cases and effect change within the business
- Develop and provide information on performance to support cost optimisation;
- Develop intelligent and automated reporting solutions as well as work across all functions to test and produce reporting solutions;
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the data dictionary;
- Integrate reporting solutions into the wider business applications;
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the data within our core systems;
- Must have past business partnering and financial analysis experience
- Must have familiarity with online/subscription business model terminology (i.e. CPA, conversion, acquisition, engagement, LTV, ….)
- Must have strong analytical and functional skills (i.e. Financial Analysis, Commercial Analysis, Business Analysis, Marketing Analysis);
- Excellent communication and experience of dealing with C-level stakeholders
- Ability to understand and articulate overall business goals and objectives and work with the business to prioritise accordingly
- Ability to conduct requirements definition sessions and facilitate group requirements review and other working sessions at all levels
- Ability to understand business model & translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Teamwork and relationship building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong Tableau expertise
- Experience of Cognos TM1
- Familiarity with relational DB concepts