Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an advanced manufacturing engineer to join a special purpose machinery manufacturing company based in Hertfordshire. The company have established a record of accomplishment of manufacturing products for a niche industry and this is an exciting time to be a part of their business.
The key aspect of this role is being the forefront of providing effective solutions to daily production issues, support New Product Introductions (NPI) and play a leading role in manufacturing process improvements that drive productivity.
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage smooth transition of new products from design stage to full production, ensuring appropriate production methodologies, techniques, facilities, jigs and fixtures are in place to deliver required quality and quantity at the right cost.
• Establish and maintain manufacturing methods and routing information for all products.
• Liaise with finance function and help ensure correct cost structure for products and components.
• Engage with R&D, engineering and factory personnel at an early stage of product development to ensure all product and system requirements are considered from initial product conception and translated into finished product.
• Design and implement new systems and processes for improvement of productivity and consistent quality.
• Identify cost reduction opportunities, obtain buy-in from all concerned, follow through and implement to agreed time and budget.
• Specify appropriate capital equipment as and when required, work with sourcing and finance to obtain necessary authorization and liaise with sourcing to procure any such items.
• Liaise with external suppliers in relation to facilities and equipment to be sourced in support of production.
• Have good understanding of process and assembly requirements and capabilities necessary to meet the demands of various markets / applications.
• Support the manufacturing operation in solving output and quality issues, adopting a systematic problem-solving approach.
• Be the authority on product specific manufacturing and assembly sequences and techniques through the development and implementation of optimal methods.
• Be the bridge between engineering and factory on day-to-day product and process related issues.
• Keep up to date with current and developing trends in the manufacturing industry, at a national and international level.
• Undertake additional responsibilities as directed by management
Advance Manufacturing Engineer Specification:
• Engineering Degree or equivalent experience in mechanical or manufacturing engineering discipline.
• 3-5 years' experience in production engineering
• Sound understanding of stress/strain and ability to apply to pressure systems design.
• Understanding of Electromechanical Assembly/Sub Assy, in a technical production environment.
• Knowledge of Design for Manufacturability, Lean Manufacturing techniques, Quality System, and SPC tools.
• Hands-on capability with good knowledge of manufacturing and calibration/validation processes.
• Ability to use CAD (Pro/Engineer, SolidWorks or AutoCAD) to design fixtures and analyze product designs.
• Experience of working with a major ERP system such as SAP
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications but in particular Excel.
• Ability to put together good capital investment justifications requests. (IAR)
• Comfortable both in the office and shop floor environments.
• Sociable, able to work on own initiative, but a good team player.
• Financially aware with capability to put together expenditure plans.
• Robust and confident and at the same time approachable.
• Lead and be contributing member of cross functional teams
• Strong background in interpretation of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
• Strong Analytical, problem solving and inter-personal skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in technical writing and procedure development.
Why should you apply:
- Salary: £40,000-£45,000 + Benefits
- 25 days annual holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus scheme & Generous pension
- Career progression opportunities and to be a part of a positive, cohesive quality team
If this role is not what you're looking for don't worry. At X4 Engineering we cover all permanent and freelance positions, with specialist industry sector teams. You can check out all of our roles on our website and sign up for job alerts so you're the first to know about a new opportunity.
X4 Engineering is a specialist recruitment business for the engineering sector. We are part of the X4 Group, a multi-award-winning group of brands specialising in Life Sciences, Engineering, Construction and Technology, with over 10 years of experience in successfully placing mid to senior level contract and permanent professionals across the globe.
Our network of world class engineering tale