Financial Accountant | £45,000 - £60,000 per annum + bonus + package
Cobb & Jones Recruitment are working with a leading Kent based financial services business in the search for a Senior Financial Accountant. Reporting into the Group Financial Controller, the Financial Accountant will take responsibility for a broad range of financial accounting duties and specifically take a lead role in managing the group's balance sheet, statutory filings and month end process. The role will be based in the businesses’ Kent offices and will take on the following responsibilities:
- Production and analysis of key financial and activity-based information
- Support the Financial Controller in managing the month end process to tight deadlines
- Review of processes, controls and initiatives, making improvements where required
- Prepare year-end audit files and liaise with external auditors, with accountability for the production of annual statutory accounts for various entities
- Monthly financial reporting
- Supporting the team overseeing the group's balance sheet and undertaking balance sheet reconciliations
Candidates will possess a recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) and demonstrate previous experience co-ordinating the month end process in a complex and fast paced business with multiple entities. The successful candidate will be resilient and have the ability to influence the business, with excellent problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail and financial reporting experience.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly successful and evolving, fast paced business in a challenging role with scope for progression.