A vacancy has arisen at our Dereham workshop for a skilled HGV/PSV Engineer.
The position will be reportable to the Engineering Supervisor.
Basic purpose of the role:
- To consistently deliver a high standard of service everyday which exceeds the customer expectations and ensuring they receive a safe and reliable service.
- To ensure that all servicing and maintenance of the fleet is carried out to DVSA standards within set budgets and ensuring health and safety standards are maintained always.
- To carry out repairs and diagnostics on vehicles as required.
- To fully comply with all Health and Safety & Environmental legislation.
- To communicate effectively with colleagues and managers.
- Maintain / develop technical skills and to attend training courses as required by the company.
- Diagnosis and repair of the company vehicles, prepare vehicles for annual test and attend breakdowns as required.
- Processing vehicle defect cards and all legal paperwork in line with the company and DVSA guidelines.
- To adhere to good housekeeping practices, ensuring all tools and equipment are returned to their designated place.
Skills and Experience:
- NVQ Level 3 or City & Guilds Level 2/3.
- To be fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment.
- Must be in the possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence if required.
- Good communication skills.
- Exceptional organisational skills.
Measured KPI’s for the role:
- MOT pass rate
- Positive DVSA road side check compliance.
- Engineering lost mileage.
- Vehicle cleanliness standards.
- Maintaining health and safety in the workplace
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent