£36,000 - £40,000 (Depending on Experience)
Our client is part of a joint venture, which was launched on 28 February 2018 and is the new home of academic pathways at the University.
The Operations Manager Role
The College has recently moved into a new building on the Bay Campus and established a new operating model as a joint venture. This has required new ways of working and a new company structure, which is still evolving.
The post will be suitable for someone who enjoys working in a dynamic and fast paced environment, who can combine a high level of organisation and planning with an ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders in a customer service driven environment.
Requirements for the Operations Manager Role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exemplary customer service skills and experience of working to constantly improve the customer experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently with a wide range of people from different backgrounds and cultures, and the ability to deal sensitively and effectively with problems
- Proven ability to plan and organise own workload; ability to proactively think and plan ahead with limited supervision
- Ability to respond positively to change and to be effective in changing situations; the ability to manage change implementation
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, using own initiative to come up with creative solutions to problems
- Strong interpersonal skills (written and verbal) with the ability to communicate issues to a wide audience
- Excellent IT skills inclusive of demonstrated competence with the Microsoft Office suite – PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to cope with competing deadlines/demands
- Ability to negotiate effectively with colleagues from a variety of backgrounds and of varying degrees of seniority
- Proven ability to work as a ‘team player’
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective administration systems
- A flexible attitude to work including a willingness to work occasional weekends and evenings in support of student and administrative activities
- Commitment to self-improvement
- Experience of working in further/higher education
- Knowledge of relevant legislation e.g. GDPR, Workplace Health & Safety, Compliance
- Project management experience
- Experience with financial management systems e.g. Oracle
- Experience of office management, facility management, and/or committee support
- Experience of working with a Board or very senior staff
- Risk, RASCI familiarity
If you feel you are suitable for their Operations Manager position, please apply now.