Software Engineering Manager (Full Stack) - Global Agency
Your expertise and judgement must ensure that we make the right product decisions to reflect scalability needs, balance latest innovations with development speed and system stability. At all times considering budget and optimisation of existing assets. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious technical leader who enjoys actively owning and managing the mix between technical leadership, strategic thinking, and managing a strong team towards flawless execution & delivery.
What you'll do:
- Leads and manages the full stack engineering team
- Supports engineering team members working across different squads in cross-functional teams
- Proactively leads work with the wider engineering team to find opportunities for improvement and to deliver solutions
- Deploying cutting edge techniques / skills across:
- Building and maintaining Node.js + Express services to unleash dynamic site content on our web platform(s) * Productionizes the development and deployment of best in class applications, from POC to replicable, scalable and scalable architecture.
- Proactively scans the marketplace for technical innovations encompassing User Experience, Design and QA to deliver best in class applications.
- Supports the development of new processes and ways of working to ensure continuous improvement and innovation
- Enhances delivery by supporting internal teams and external service providers to understand and drive full utilization of the platform
- Line manages the full stack engineering team
- Provides mentorship and coaching to the team
- Responsible for reviews and performance management of the team
- Demonstrates initiative proactively suggesting ways to further improve consumer experience platforms and capability within context of broader infrastructure and capability suite
- Envisions and embeds outstanding web development deployment and operational standards
- Be recognised as a domain leader in definition and design to inspire confidence and credibility amongst your squad and tribe peers of the Web Engineering delivery
- An innately strategic player who effortlessly balances short, mid and long-term priorities
- Has exceptional judgement and decision-making rigour and role models this to others
- Strong recruiter who sets a high bar in establishing recruitment excellence and owning capability development
- Is avid, curious and thirsty for external inputs and knowledge; shares this widely to build an organisation-wide learning culture
As an employee, you'll also benefit from...
- A high spec MacBook Pro with a choice of peripherals
- Private medical insurance (taxable)
- Life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Extra day's holiday on your birthday
- Flexible office hours
Salary: £110,000 + 20% bonus
Position is based in Covent Garden, London.