A small to medium sized plant, formed as part of a large global organization is recruiting for an experienced Maintenance Services Superintendent - UK equivalent job title is Maintenance Manager.
Reporting to the Operations and Maintenance Manager on a day to day basis, you will manage all aspects of work within the engineering/maintenance function, whilst maintaining a constant focus on health, safety, environmental and employee welfare. You will support business growth and change through strong leadership, project management, Continuous Improvement and lean ways of working, and control of financial budgets and suppliers.
- Working closely with the Quality and Production departments to ensure engineering or technical maintenance support and resources.
- Inspecting daily operations and projects to ensure quality of work.
- Supervising and/or serving as a project manager or technical expert on site construction, expansion or modification engineering projects. This may include managing contractors.
- Identifying, evaluating, and implementing new processes and continual improvement ideas including reliability best practices during fixed plant shut downs or rebuilds.
- Effectively managing a small team of engineers / maintenance staff across the site/shift pattern ensuring KPI and agreed targets are maintained. Responsible for development and succession plans of staff. Overseeing recruitment and selection of staff.
- Budgeting management and forecasting funds for staffing, materials and supplies, and capital improvement projects, quarterly and annually.
- Supporting site strategic initiatives, and participate as required.
- Right to live and work in UK.
- GCSE or equivalent qualification, and 7 years related operational maintenance experience, including supervisory or management experience is essential.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, civil, chemical metallurgical engineering or other related field is preferable.
- Working knowledge and understanding of fixed plant maintenance and repair procedures.
- Proficient in troubleshooting, schematic interpretation, maintenance planning and execution.
- Proficient in MS Office, Word & Excel.
- Proven experience in leading and developing staff, through supervising, evaluating, training and motivating employees.
- Previous experience within manufacturing environment is essential, preferable experience from heavy industrial plant, and occupational health & safety.
- Proven experience in maintenance planning, including long terms forecasting and budget management.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with site contributors and within multiple locations.
- Familiar with the standards of ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001.
What they offer:
Excellent salary and benefits package, including annual bonus, impressive holiday entitlement, private medical scheme, excellent sick pay scheme, working for a very successful business with a family - friendly feel.