IT Support Technician / Team Leader
A globally operating automated material handling equipment supplier is looking to recruit experienced IT Support Technicians and Team Leaders for a brand new, large scale, automated distribution centre in Milton Keynes. This is a fantastic career opportunity to be joining the site at ‘start-up’ and assisting to test and commission the new site and systems.
You will be working on a continental shift pattern (12 hour days and nights - including weekends) and you will work for the company at their clients (well-known retailer) distribution centre.
The role of IT Support Technician could also be known as Application Support Analyst , IT Support Specialist or IT Support Administrator and you will need a good level of knowledge of SQL and ideally Java (basics).
The IT Support Technician / Application Support Analyst / IT Support Specialist provide technical support for the automated material handling software systems and equipment in the distribution centre performing complex troubleshooting and problem solving mainly in SQL.
Assessment day: You will need to be available to attend a company assessment day on Tues 23rd or Wed 24th April in Leicestershire.
- IT Support Technician = c£40k (rise after probabtion period)
- IT Support Team Leader = c£42k (rise after probabtion period)
- Continental 12 hour shift pattern (proposed 4 on 4 off Days and Nights)
- Company benefits scheme
- Pension = 3% employee, 6% employer
Key Tasks of IT Support Technician and Team Leaders:
- Identify and resolve issues with Warehouse Management Systems and Material Flow Systems.
- Identify issues that are mechanical or IT based and escalate to the appropriate team.
- Train internal and external customers to increase system knowledge, resolve and prevent issues from recurring by Design test scenarios to identify system issues.
- Daily analysis of system operations and reports to track and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Create documentation and training material for system users.
- Design, generate and maintain reports detailing the daily operations of the systems.
- Participate in customer and internal meetings.
- Communicate with warehouse operatives on problems and the resolutions
- Assists software development team with projects.
- Works as part of international team to ensure maximum system uptime and performance.
- BSc or HND / HNC in Computer Science, IT engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience in similar work.
- Experience with SQL databases (Oracle, My SQL, SQL Server) (essential)
- Experience with Java or other object-oriented programming languages (desirable)
- UNIX knowledge (desirable).
- Hardware knowledge (desirable)
If you are a qualified experienced IT Support Technician / Application Support Analyst / IT Support Specialist with good SQL knowledge and happy to work shifts then we would like to hear from you.
Please email your CV in strictest confidence to Stuart Cooper at Wagstaff Recruitment – . For a confidential discussion out of office hours please contact Stuart directly on .