International business based in Northumberland. This is a progressive role and as such study support will be available for the successful candidate.
- Completing all allocated month-end processes in line with agreed deadlines.
- Performing timely and accurate balance sheet reconciliations and income statement analysis.
- Accounting for fixed asset movements and maintaining depreciation runs.
- Carrying out reconciliations on intercompany accounts.
- Processing and recording intercompany payments/clearings and recharges.
- Undertaking daily cash forecasting, communicating with the business to ensure accurate forecasting, and supporting the weekly submission to the global Finance team in the US.
- Analysing financial data, producing a variety of financial reports and making appropriate recommendations as required.
- Assisting with any internal and external audit requirements (i.e. prepare schedules, provide supporting documentation etc.) and interface with auditors as needed.
- Reporting Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and SLA's.
- Currently studying towards or fully qualified in professional accounting exams (AAT level or above) and/or able to demonstrate Qualified by Experience (QBE).
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate appropriately with different stakeholders and build strong working relationships.
- A second language would be a distinct advantage, particularly French and/or Swedish