As a rapidly growing Company who are leaders within the automotive aftermarket, we have an exciting career opportunity for a Finance Manager within our General Ledger team, based at our Swansea Service Centre.
We are looking for a qualified Finance Manager who will be responsible for the primary trading subsidiary PAGL (Parts Alliance Group Ltd) by producing timely, accurate & insightful monthly financial results and maintain an effective control environment. As the Finance Manager, you will also be responsible for Group VAT and assist with the consolidation, statutory reporting and other projects as required.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a business with over 180 operating sites and a turnover in excess of £310m with potential for personal growth and development.
Main Duties include:
- Manage, coach and support the GL Team to ensure:
Technical accounting knowledge (FRS102 & IFRS) is up to date.
Controls are in place, effective & timely.
- Manage the PAGL month end close (WD4) & review with the GFC & CFO including stock valuation, working capital balance carrying values and margin analysis.
- Manage the PAG Holdings Month End reporting and detailed analyses for review with GFC (WD1).
- Timely evidenced review of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations which will be subject to review by Internal Audit on a quarterly basis.
- Review and evidence validation of ALL manual GL journals. Maintain the Journal File and ensure all journals have back-up evidence to support the entry.
- Preparing/reviewing and submission of the Group VAT return.
- Assist with the monthly consolidation sent to Group (Canada).
- Assist with preparation of the Statutory Accounts for all Group entities (active and dormant).
- To review, propose and implement changes to the month end and in month accounting processes to improve accuracy and efficiency of the GL Team and their interaction with other teams.
- Manage the development/enhancement of reports & MI to summarise data for review and interrogate large or unusual movements whilst identifying the underlying drivers
- To understand and document complex accounting and processing issues including stock, customer & supplier rebates.
- Involvement in budget and forecast preparations
- Develop an effective working relationship with peers in Treasury, Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable and controllers at other business units
The ideal candidate will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with some experience in industry, preferably within a PLC/Group environment.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Experience of managing a team through month end, close to tight deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel to manage, manipulate and analyse large volumes of data
- Able to review and understand complex spreadsheets to ensure completeness and accuracy of the result and data set
- Experience of accounting & stock management systems
- Energetic with a "can do" attitude and solution driven approach
- Knowledge of MAM, Zero and PACE (SAP) is desirable however training will be given
Negotiable dependent upon experience
42.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
What We Offer!
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays
- Online employee discount scheme including big discounts to local cinemas, theme park attractions, major retailers and much more
- Healthcare cash plan
- Company pension
- Internal Development Programmes
- Career progression
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the skills required for this role and would like to enhance your career in a successful, growing company, click on the apply button now!
Please note, if you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application; please assume that unfortunately you have not been shortlisted.