Operations HR Assistant
'Lighthouse champion long-term employment opportunities to everyone who work alongside us’
Our Client are a specialist provider of legal expenses insurance and related services.
Based in Colchester, they work with insurers, intermediaries, financial institutions and affinity groups, focusing upon delivering bespoke solutions providing 'best in market' legal advice and case handling.
Their business model for legal expenses insurance involves outsourcing legal advice and the legal conduct of claims to top quality law firms.
£16-185k Basic Salary DOE | Mon-Fri 9-5 | Excellent Benefits | HR/Operations/Administration | Well-Organised | Good Personality | Passionate About Legal Expenses Insurance
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right individual to join the company as an Operations HR Assistant. This role is to work within the HR team and is the perfect role for a well-organised, strong communicator looking to progress within the industry.
Duties (include but are not limited to):
To provide an effective support function to the Operations & HR department, ensuring the office operates efficiently on a day to day basis.
- Monitoring office infrastructure
- Liaise with the company landlords regarding issues with office facilities
- Assist with organisation of meetings and events including booking of travel & hotels.
- Review and update general office procedures
- Maintain accurate records of office key allocations
- Ordering of stationery and kitchen consumables
- Assist with coordinating desk and office moves
- Liaise with external suppliers to facilitate office equipment maintenance
- Assisting with ordering office equipment and furniture
- Assist in organising employee training including booking professional qualification modules and exams, renewing professional memberships, booking staff training course and arranging new employee department shadowing
- Monitor sickness and absence records to ensure records are up to date
- Carry out ongoing people screening requirements for all staff
- Review and update various HR documents and records
- Sending of regular procedural reminders to managers and staff
- Review staff appraisals and ensure records are up to date
- Assist in creating new staff documents including induction packs and PD & T folders
- Liaise with First Response and Claim department’s personnel to collect daily activity work monitoring information
- Download and collate telephone call data
- Assist with the preparation of daily service level and monthly management information reports
- Pull month end checks reports from the Claims system and report any errors
Health and Safety:
- Assist with completing monthly health and safety checks of the office and report any potential hazards or risks to the Operations and HR Manager
- Assist with the organisation of staff DSE assessments (and assist to carry out DSE once required training has been received).
- Check HSE website quarterly for any H & S legislation changes and report them to the Operations Manager
- Update Fire Warden documentation and arrange 6 monthly Fire Warden meetings
- To provide general administration assistance in the office including support with HR activities
- Assist with the organisation of training for employees and departmental shadowing training for new staff
- Assist with quarterly reviews of the company’s Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan
- Maintain accurate contact details for staff and business contacts on the BCP and DR plans
- Scanning and filing of documents as necessary
- Type letters/memos/emails and deal with correspondence as appropriate
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as and when required
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be set by the Operations and HR Manager and Operation and HR Executive
- Carry out all work in accordance with agreed service standards and FCA regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent organisational and time keeping skills
- Confidence to own tasks without supervision
- Experience of using all Microsoft Office programs
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills
- Good investigative and research skills
- Previous office/administration experience
- DSE trained