Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Sir Robert McAlpine is a UK-based family-owned building and civil engineering company. Established in 1869, we have been a ubiquitous construction leader over two centuries.
We are honoured to have worked on some of Britain's most iconic buildings and projects.
The values at the heart of our operations include a commitment to the highest standards of safety, quality, engineering excellence, sustainability, and an unswerving focus on the needs and aspirations of our clients.
Our aim is to make a positive impact on the communities and the environment in which we operate.
We believe being inclusive and nurturing a diversity of talent and skills will help us to continue our rich legacy of technical excellence to proudly build Britain's future heritage.
Sir Robert McAlpine Design Group is looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer with UK experience to supplement their award winning Geotechnical Division. The Division supports regional sites and tender teams by providing a range of construction and contaminated land related advice. We are specifically interested in hearing from candidates with relevant experience in a similar role, working either for a contractor or consultancy.
- Provision of technical advice to regional sites relating to contaminated land and geotechnical aspects
- Support younger team members in their development
- Assist with analysis and interpretation of site data for use in design
- Producing specifications for ground investigation, piling, earthworks and monitoring etc
- Preparation of calculations, written reports and development of drawings
- Visits to site as required
- Production of engineering design solutions both at tender stage and during construction
- Site support in a geotechnical capacity
- BSc or BEng degree level qualified in Geology, Geotechnics or a related subject is essential
- MSc in Engineering Geology/Geotechnical Engineering or related subjects preferable but not essential
- Chartership with a universally acknowledged institution such as the ICE
- Able to demonstrate knowledge/experience in the field of geotechnics/engineering geology, including a working knowledge of Eurocode 7
- Experience of working with geotechnical databases and other geotechnical software
- Experience of preparing and assisting with interpretative reports for geotechnical purposes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prepared to work as part of a team or as an individual
- Full UK driving licence
We offer excellent benefits for our employees including a Contributory Pension and Life Assurance Scheme, discounted gym membership, staff discounts, 25 days holiday per year plus statutory holidays, Cycle to Work Scheme, private healthcare and an Employee Assistance Programme.
With an industry-leading package and exceptional training, this is your chance to develop an exciting and varied career path in a family-owned company which treats its people with courtesy and respect.
Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.