Supply Secondary School Teacher
Apollo Teaching Services are actively working with schools across the South of England and Wales, with our office in England being based in Reading. We are accepting applications for Supply Secondary Teacher’s with an opportunity for daily supply work, permanent and full-time vacancies, as well as everything in between. Working as a supply allows you to have control over your working week.
Why join Apollo Teaching Services?
- We have an online platform which allows you to select your availability and accept or reject school bookings through our unique app
- No Timesheets
- Weekly Pay
- Free educational courses
- Local Schools
- REC Audited Education Status
- Holiday Pay
Secondary Teacher Requirements (KS3/KS4)
- Be educated to Degree Level e.g. PGCE or equivalent
- Hold a Qualified Teacher Status (QTS or QTLS) or be a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT)
- Have a desire to become part of a dedicated team of Secondary Teachers
- Have excellent subject knowledge and have the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
- Have outstanding classroom management stills to accommodate all levels of learning and ability
- Have a flexible approach to the timetable, as you may be required to cover other subjects’ areas when required
- Able to adapt and adhere to the School’s ethos
Duties of a Supply Secondary Teacher (KS3/KS4)
- Support colleagues by coordinating and delivering activities within a specific area of the curriculum
- Communicate adequately with staff, pupils in parents
- Willing to teach various classes in addition to your specialist subject
- Effectively supervise the learning and teaching of individual pupils, groups and classes
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development
- Be up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the school curriculum
- Maintain discipline
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment
Positions potentially available should you wish to work with us:
- General Supply (Courses & Sickness)
- PPA Cover
- Maternity Cover
- Secondment Cover
- Long Term Sickness Cover
Apollo Teaching Services have been awarded the Gold Standard REC Audited Education Status. We have been recognised for operating the very best practice across the UK in education recruitment, and offer help with your overall development by providing feedback from our Head Teachers.
Still in education? Then put yourself in the best possible position and register with us before the end of your course, this way we can ensure you are available for placement as soon as you are ready!
There is no better time to join Apollo Teaching Services! Get in touch or apply today and broaden your opportunities of securing advanced work and possible long-term positions.