We are currently seeking a Category Buyer who is looking for a new opportunity where they can really add value and make their mark on an organisation. Our Engineering/manufacturing client with c. 350 employees and based in South Somerset is about to embark on a period of change and growth. In this exciting new role you’ll implement new procurement strategies to ensure the effective supply of goods and services to the business. You’ll do this whilst delivering the best commercial approach and managing to deliver significant savings.
Key Responsibilities and Person Specification
- Manage the supplier base in order to obtain the necessary improvements to guarantee purchasing performance
- Build purchasing strategy plan and follow-up and monitor action plans
- Participate in the elaboration of the global and local purchasing budgets.
- Consult, negotiate, select and contract the supplier on every needs of the commodity.
- Define and lead the purchasing actions to increase profitability of the projects
- You’ll have experience of negotiating new contracts, supplier negotiations and track record of savings.
- Be an excellent communicator with attention to detail
- Skilled at building and maintaining strong working relationships
If you are hungry for a challenge, this is the role for you.The foundations and basics are there, now you can support with putting the processes in place and an opportunity to make a big difference.This really is a role where you can come in and make it your own.
Please apply through this job board