Bookkeeper - Trowbridge - part or full time
Bookkeeper, part or full-time, c£25k FTE dependent on experience, Trowbridge
This company is one of the largest independent chartered accountancy groups in the West of England. They have offices across the south west, and this job is based in their Trowbridge office and at client premises. They have a loyal client base and firmly believe in establishing close relationships with their clients.
They fully support flexible working, with many of their colleagues working in flexible patterns across the week, and welcome applications from individuals returning to work after a break.
To undertake bookkeeping and support with VAT and management accounting for clients, ensuring deadlines and proper accounting standards are met. The work is carried out at both the Trowbridge office and client premises.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare management accounts monthly and quarterly
- Manage and undertake bookkeeping for a variety of clients
- Monitor work flow including liaison with clients to provide information as required
- Visit client sites as required to carry out bookkeeping and management accounts
- Maintain a full and accurate audit trail
- Manage and complete VAT returns for allocated clients
- Compose correspondence to clients, tax office, registrar of companies and others
- Conduct training for relevant accounts packages where required, both internally and to clients
- Identify development opportunities and ensure completion of an annual CPD rec
- 2 - 3 years or more bookkeeping experience required
- Previous experience from an accountancy practice is helpful.
- High level of numeracy essential
- VAT experience desirable
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Organised and methodical
- Ability to operate to strict deadlines and handle conflicting priorities
- Client focussed
- Strong IT skills including Word, Outlook and Excel, to an intermediate level, to produce letters and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of cloud accounting packages (for example Xero/ Freeagent / Quickbooks online / Kashflow / Sageone)
- Knowledge of desktop accounting packages (for example SAGE / Quickbooks)
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours when client needs require it
- Car driver and access to car essential
This is a permanent position, either part time or full time, hours or days negotiable. Minimum 3.5 days per week with flexibility to work more in busy periods.
Near Trowbridge plus travel to client premises as required.
Salary and other benefits
Salary dependent on experience. Other benefits include; Pension, PHI (after 6 months), Life assurance (x 4), 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, great working environment, cycle to work and childcare vouchers.