SENIOR ENGINEERING PROJECTS MANAGER
SENIOR ENGINEERING PROJECTS MANAGER
C£60-65000 + Car, Bonus & Benefits
Newcastle Upon Tyne (Northern Field Based Remit)
Tyne & Wear, Durham, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Cheshire, Stockton on Tees, Northumberland
Our client is a multisite division of large and well-respected FTSE 100 international group operating heavy processing and manufacturing facilities nationally. Due to impending retirement our client is now seeking a Senior Engineering Project Manager to join their Asset and Engineering team in its Northern region.
- As Senior Engineering Projects Manager you will provide best in class engineering and project management services to our client’s multi-site Northern region operating business units.
- As part of the national project team you will also be required to participate and support on key national projects.
- You will innovate cost effective solutions in a consistent manner throughout operational manufacturing and processing units, managing the statutory inspection requirements of the region.
- You will also lead and inspire a team of project managers and project engineers.
- Working as a key member of the Asset Optimisation and Engineering team and closely linked to the Operational Business Unit teams across the region you will also ensure the best possible utilisation of capital across the business.
- Acting as a controller of the Capital budget within the region you will assign the budget to operational business units based upon needs and opportunities ensuring that correct processes are applied and adhered too.
- The role will also control the businesses project engineering resource ensuring they are assigned to the highest priority projects, maintaining legislative requirements and delivering maximum value.
- You will possess a consistent track record of rolling five-year Capital Projects programme management including contractor selection and appointment, gained within a heavy industrial, multi-site, matrix organisational environment.
- You will have the autonomy to manage all capital projects expenditure to deliver within safety, productivity, quality and financial targets, ensuring that the engineering function is aligned to meet strategic business performance requirements.
- You will provide leadership, support and best practice engineering and project management services to regional operating businesses.
- Importantly, you will play a key role in identifying areas that require capital investment, ensuring that these are fed into the rolling programme.
- In this respect you will work closely with site operating teams and the wider manufacturing excellence and continuous improvement team.
The Ideal Candidate:
- HND/University degree educated or equivalent in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or chemical engineering.
- Chartered/Member of Engineering Institute preferable.
- NEBOSH or IOSH Safety Qualification.
- Current or recent Capital Projects Engineering Management experience gained within a very high safety culture, multi-site, heavy industrial processing sector such as steel, chemicals, cement, construction materials, energy/power or similar environment.
- Demonstrable track record of project leadership via internal project and site engineering teams and external contractors/sub-contractors within a high safety critical, culture.
- In-depth understanding of planned preventative maintenance, continuous improvement and energy consumption.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills familiar with utilising root cause analysis methodologies.
- Excellent financial management experience including capital investment budget proposals and approval process in line with strategic capital forecasts.
- Excellent people management experience familiar with managing direct and indirect team; good persuasion and influencing capabilities, with the ability to challenge, question and collaboratively develop logical solutions.
- Experience using lean and continuous improvement techniques will be critical to success. Change and project management experience essential.
- Highly safety conscious including experience of CDM regulations.
- An appreciation of a wide variety of engineering disciplines i.e. electrical, mechanical, chemical, process control and optimisation will be critical to success and credibility in this role.
- High energy and resilience - familiar with handling multiple projects. A self-starter, able to operate both as part of a national team and autonomously within a region working with site operations teams.
- Highly developed capability to manage and control capital projects activities, budgets and costs, contractors, sub-contractors within stringent time frames is most critical.