Winners are looking to recruit a software tester to ensure that software released is of an acceptable quality, in line with both the company and customers' requirements and to meet software release deadlines. To contribute in the creation of automatic testing scripts for different technologies.
To assist on the design of tests for unit testing, integration testing, system testing and operational acceptance testing. Internal contact is a key feature of the job involving you to liaise where necessary with other team members, developers, support staff, training members and occasionally directly with the user base.
- Can contribute simultaneously to different projects.
- Is capable to work simultaneously in different projects with little impact due to context switching. Uses it to its advantage in order to utilise dead times and or blocks in projects.
- Efficient in time management and task prioritising.
- Can work towards set milestones and targets and pursues them. It regularly achieves targets and will promptly identify deviations acting accordingly to correct them.
- Assists in the design of tests and or proofs.
- Can take over on the high-level designs of tests and proofs and develop them into further granularity to satisfy the full requirements and confidence interval required of the testing process.
- Can write scripts for automatic testing technologies.
- Is very comfortable with automatic testing frameworks and can write Unit Tests and automatic scripts for UI Test technologies and batch testing.
- Identifies and solves logical problems and can map business logic to algorithms and functions.
- Has developed an analytical thinking process whereby is capable of understanding quickly business processes and mapping them to logical or procedural workflows. These skills allow him/her to rapidly identify potential problems in existing logic
- Understands parallelisation and asynchronous flow.
- Fully understands the concept of parallelisation and asynchronous processing flow. Identifies synchronisation problems and emergence phenomena.
- Understands computer resources and its limitations and application to software design.
- Is fully aware of the use of computer or network resources and its design implications in the functionality and performance of the solution design. Can identify starvation problems and bottlenecks and crashes due to bad resource management.
- have background in software development (C++, C#, JS) and/or mathematics, either by training or experience
- have analytical and problem-solving skills
- be familiar with designing tests that reflect proof of correctness of functions and algorithms
- have knowledge and sound understanding of data structures
- be familiar with the whole application development cycle
- have experience with development management and production tools (Jira, Mantis, Jenkins, CVS, GIT)
- have experience with automatic unit testing and automatic UI testing
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality for any client data, maintaining test environments and the creation of testing plans, scripts and manuals/documentation as required.
Coaches juniors and transfers knowledge.
Under supervision, can coach more junior team members and assists more senior team members in progress reviews and evaluations. Can identify knowledge gaps in more junior developers and will actively try to fill them and or indirectly motivate the peer to work on them. Oversees their progress and motivates them to continue growing. Identify performance problems in more junior developer and helps the peer to overcome them.
The company are offering an excellent salary, along with 28 Days annual leave (Inc. Bank Holidays) increasing to 33, pro-rata. Salary is will increase once you have completed modules (training).
If you would like to apply for this role then please click the link and attach your CV or contact Maxine at Winners Recruitment.