Senior Operations Manager - Coventry, West Midlands
We are currently recruiting for a Operations Manager to join our busy well established client with offices in Coventry West Midlands and Worthing West Sussex.
This exciting role will identify areas of development and improvement within the Warehouse, Logistics, Customer Service and IT you will identify areas of improvements that will make the business more efficient. Working with the Operations Director to assist in implementing the changes working towards a common goal and improving the overall running of the business.
This role will be office based although travel will be necessary to visit the other warehouse/office and make similar changes.
The client is a growing distribution warehouse and distribution
Role responsibilities include:
- Plan, develop and implement projects to meet agreed operational objectives and performance targets
- Support the Operations Director in identifying areas of improvement and solution design
- Map and review current processes within warehouse and related operations and interfaces, for example into customer services
- Involve relevant stakeholders across the business and gain their agreement on recommended improvements
- Prepare suitable project plans, milestones and success factors
- Research and procure external resources and providers as appropriate
- Build and maintain constructive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Influence and manage key project participants and their teams to achieve solutions and ensure on-time delivery of projects
- Maintain relevant project documentation and communicate on project statuses and progress against plans
- Manage and mitigate against risks and issues that arise during project delivery using appropriate escalation paths where necessary
- Address project challenges effectively, evaluating alternatives, proposing and implementing solutions, and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Proactively advocate project methodologies to ensure appropriate project governance
This role requires all of the following attributes:
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience in translating creative ideas into practical and achievable plans
- Decision making and influencing ability
- Experience of budget management processes in an operational environment
- Excellent track record in managing projects and preferably with experience of lean management methodologies
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Talented at motivating and engaging a broad range of individuals and teams
- Experience in effectively managing various types of external suppliers
- IT-literate especially with MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this full time role is £65000 to £70,000, dependent on experience
Benefits to include 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, 5% Pension, bonus scheme