SEN Learning Support Assistant, Thornbury
An independent residential school for children and young people with special educational needs is recruiting for a permanent full-time Learning Support Assistant (LSA).
You will be joining a fantastic service in Thornbury, South Gloucestershire, and will receive a great t salary of between £15,621 to £16,698 per year depending on experience and qualifications.
- 6.6 weeks annual leave a year
- Monday-Friday working, no night shifts or weekends
- Extensive induction programme
- Comprehensive ongoing training and development opportunities
With this 40-hour contract, you will be working Monday-Friday within a residential school for children aged 6 to 19, with learning difficulties, special educational needs and challenging behaviour.
The main focus of this roles is to facilitate learning across all elements of the school's broad curriculum, and to encourage and support pupils to build positive and appropriate relationships with peers. You will be working in a wide range of settings, including the classroom, craft sessions, swimming and outdoor break times.
It is essential you have:
- Experience working within a similar role with children and young people with challenging behaviour
- Maths and English qualifications at GCSE Grade C or above
- A relevant qualification, an NVQ Level 3 preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Driving licence desirable - due to location
Call me, Lizzie Murrie now on or click apply.