Buyer - Manufacturing -Berkshire- Permanent - £25,000 - £35,000 DOE
ARM are looking for an ambitious t Buyer to join one of our Manufacturing clients in Berkshire. This is a great opportunity for a Buyer to progress their career and be involved in both operation and Strategic Purchasing
Responsible for providing support to the Procurement Manager in the purchasing of raw materials, products and supplies. You will work across all areas of product procurement, ensuring that purchase orders are generated and expedited, data is updated on various business systems, and all administrative work is finalised.
- Monitor and evaluate all purchase requests and raise Purchase Orders.
- Coordinate with suppliers to maintain optimal product quality and delivery lead times.
- Expedite overdue and forward orders.
- Respond to ETA requests from customers/staff.
- Complete administrative tasks required for the effective operation of the Procurement department.
- Deal with general queries on product and pricing.
- Assist with cost reductions on BOM’s and MRP.
- Develop professional relationships with suppliers to ensure best service and pricing.
- Assist with materials planning
- Purchasing experience ideally within a manufacturing or engineering background.
- Previous experience of working with a Far East supply chains
- Experience of logistics and import/export requirements
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems
- A competent expeditor
- You will also have strong analytical
- Currently studying towards CIPS is preferred
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.