Purchasing/Supply Chain Manager - Manufacturing
Our Client, a global manufacturer of electrical equipment and leading supplier to the Renewable Energy industry are looking for a Purchasing/Supply Chain Manager for their Plant in South Yorkshire. Reporting into the Plant Director, they are offering a competitive salary with additional benefits. This is a very exciting opportunity for someone from a Purchasing background within a manufacturing environment to lead all purchasing responsibilities from a managerial role.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of direct/indirect reports in supply chain. You will be responsible to train direct reports in the use of supply chain management responsibilities where required.
- Ensuring the most economical movement of materials through the supply chain.
- Managing the MRP (SAP) module of the ERP system to ensure accurate and timely delivery of materials to meet the production plan and customer orders, ensure data integrity and MRP message adherence.
- Leading the management and maintenance of the specified inventory and E&O targets through inventory management.
- Leading Sales & Operation Planning Supply management activities and manage the monthly business planning process of this with Senior Management members.
- Providing training, motivation and support to all of the direct supply chain team.
- Managing the day to day purchasing function at site
- Managing and communicating information regarding short term material availability, capacity and constraint positions for the weekly Production, Sales and Inventory call/review meeting.
- Developing and implementing optimized planning process, MPS, Capacity Planning and support supplier OTD and lead-time improvement activities to achieve a lean and agile supply chain.
- Apics/CIPS / Degree level educated
- Thorough understanding of supply chain management operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, supplier management, inventory control, logistics, shipping and receiving.
- Manufacturing experience
- Experience of the total business process utilising formal Resource Planning techniques (MRP/ERP) and supply chain management.
- Experience of inventory control and measures
- Excellent SAP experience and data analytical
- Detailed knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process variation reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tools sets related to material management is desirable
- Multiple years of related professional and supervisory/managerial experience
- Ability to lead cross functional improvement teams
For more information about this role please contact our London office