Fees and Commissions Administrator
Gale and Phillipson is a progressive firm of Independent Financial Advisers with a strong presence in both the North East and London with clients throughout the UK. As a result of continued growth, we require an experienced Fees and Commissions Administrator to join our team.
The Client Administration Team is responsible for the day to day administration of clients sourced by our team of Wealth Planning Advisers, and to support those individuals to enable them to provide financial advice to clients within compliant guidelines by the Regulator and the Company.
The role will see you working closely with the Change and Implementation Manager and established team of Administrators to provide an integral function to the wider team. Experience working within an IFA and good working knowledge of Adviser Office would be preferred for this role.
You will be required to provide full fees, commissions and income reconciliation administrative support to include:
- Accurately record payments received into company bank accounts within the back-office system
- Efficiently and accurately allocate commissions received from various providers against outstanding invoices within the back-office system
- Provide assistance to our Wealth Planning Advisers, Administrators and other business partners with any fee and commission related queries
- Review aged debt reports and evaluate the corrective actions required
- Actively pursue outstanding commissions and fees and resolve any issues which may prevent their payment
- Ensure that all documentation relating to company bank accounts and provider commission statements are saved to the electronic storage software
- Assist with the month end accounts close off and production of monthly management reports
- Accurately update and maintain information on the back-office systems
- To comply at all times with the Compliance and Training and Competence Procedures of the Company.
- Action post in and out, sort, prioritise on receipt, scan and refer to appropriate adviser as and when applicable within acceptable time scales.
Knowledge and experience:
- Knowledgeable in aspects of financial service administration
- Experience of working to deadlines, solving simple problems and multi-tasking
- A strong level of technical and industry knowledge with a wide range of financial products and services
- Confident using Microsoft Office products and the ability to learn new systems and processes
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with excellent attention to detail
- Strong attention to detail and numerous skills
- Ability to build and develop effective working relationships
- Accessible, approachable and have a positive attitude
- Effectively work within a team
- The flexibility for and commitment to continual service development and improvement
Additional useful qualities and skills:
- Previous experience of Adviser Office and/or Volume an advantage
- Working towards, or willingness to work towards, industry qualifications
What we can offer:
- An interesting and challenging role with strong potential for personal growth as the company continues to grow, and our service proposition develops
- An opportunity to work with collaborative colleagues in the Adviser Support Team who are committed to a good level of service delivery
- Continual interaction and exposure to other staff and senior colleagues across the business involved in key decision making
- Competitive remuneration - dependent on skills and experience, plus bonus and an attractive employee benefits package.