Head of Year either: Design and Technology, Science, Humanities, English, PE
The Chalk Hills Academy have an excellent opportunity for a Head of Year to join their pastoral team. We are seeking a positive, proactive and passionate teacher with a focus on ensuring every child meets and exceeds their potential. To achieve this end, you will remove barriers to learning and encourage good attendance, behaviour and academic progress. The successful candidate will lead a team of Form Tutors who will share your vision for high standards of pastoral care, welfare and discipline of the year group. We would especially welcome applications from teachers of Design Technology, Science, Humanities, English and PE.
As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of driven and ambitious teachers that join us and have been given excellent CPD and developmental opportunities that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
If you want to growand develop in a fast paced, dynamic and successful Academy, come and join us at The Chalk Hills Academy!
- Start date: September 2019
- Salary: MPS / UPS - £23,720 - £39,406 + TLR £2,721
+ up to £2,000 recruitment and retention for an outstanding candidate
- Job Role: Full-time, Permanent
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
- £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated 'Good’ school
- You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
- Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
- Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
- All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
- Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
- Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
- Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: "Together with your leadership team, governors and the trust you have established high expectations for behaviour, teaching and achievement. Leaders have made sure that strategies are in place which have led to improvements in the quality of teaching, learning, assessment and the curriculum. Leaders have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour. Leaders work well with staff to ensure that the school is typically a calm, orderly and purposeful environment." Ofsted May 2018