My client are one of the worlds biggest names in defence. Global revenues in the billions and part of the FTSE 250 index they are a fantastic business for career development and they have an exemplorary reputation for excellence. Some of the worlds most exciting defence projects are carried out by this business and they are seeing huge growth with new contracts being won daily.
The Financial Accountant will take the lead on preparation of weekly and monthly BU forecasts and related analysis to support The Group. The role will include:
- Assisting with preparation of monthly BU presentations to senior leadership team including variance commentary and identify whether BU is on/off track.
- Business partner with senior leadership team as required to manage risks and opportunities to achieving financial objectives.
- Implementing product margin reporting and customer profitability analysis to support decision making activities.
- Manage quarterly sales commission calculations based on targets and actual data from Oracle.
- Calculate weekly and monthly cash forecasts. Forecast currency exposure across all BU entities. Agree proposed forward contracts with group treasury team.
- Lead on all project costing and project accounting activities in Oracle. Liaise with engineering team as appropriate to drive improvements in project reporting and control.
- Lead on population Group reporting system on Actuals, Budgets and Forecasts. (Become BU super user)
- Set annual objectives for Financial Analyst and manage workload and priorities as appropriate.
- Liaise with team to identify opportunities for reducing inventory levels across the BU.
- Support the business with weekly revenue forecasting.
- Ownership of the reported orderbook and roll out forecasting and controls around order intake.
- Support the sales and engineering team with business case approval and finance input to the Group delivery framework.
The successful candidate will be:
- Qualified ACA/ ACMA / ACCA
- Minimum 5 years experience in the private sector.
- Experience in a manufacturing / software business including project experience is preferred but not essential.
- Experience of team building skills.
- Experience of Oracle Financials R12 is preferred but not essential.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Good leadership skills - ability to motivate and create a culture in which teamwork can flourish.
- Strong technical and communication skills with a commercial focus.
- Aware of customer and business priorities - understand business drivers and manage risk.
- Ability to manage and work to tight deadlines where quality must be maintained.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well with a range of stakeholders and influence at a senior level within a matrix environment.
- A flexible approach to work, with a willingness to take on additional tasks and responsibilities as necessary
- Ability to work with incomplete data in order to form recommendations and perform scenario modelling.
For further information please call or call joshua macdonnell on