Senior Software Developer
Description: The Role
As a Software Engineer you will be involved at all stages of the development life cycle, through requirements analysis, coding, unit testing, system testing, UAT and warranty-support.
- Liaison with subject-matter experts, business analysts, product owners, scrum-masters, developers, testers and architects to ensure that the proposed solution is mapped to business outcomes
- Design and development of application solutions incorporating web-based user interfaces, communication layers, calculation engines, data layers and database structures
- Designs will ensure that solutions are modelled logically, consistently and intuitively, ensuring that they perform optimally within agreed tolerances
- Involvement in the promotion of developed solutions through various environments in adherence with the change control life cycle
- Peer review of code from development team members and third-party providers, with a focus on maintainability and performance
- Ensure solutions are built to best practices and patterns for application development and integration
- User experience, understanding how technology can help the user to successfully complete a task
- Working with DevOps and Delivery Managers to provide active management of the continuous integration/continuous deployment processes through the Azure DevOps and Release Manager packages
- Showcasing of product increments to the scrum team and stakeholders (sprint review).
Qualifications: The Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or an IT related subject or relevant business experience
- Systems integration experience required
- Azure development/integration experience
- Application architecture experience required
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timelines and without direct supervision
- Organised and methodical
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to interpret business conversations and translate into technical requirements
- Varied SDLC experience including Agile Scrum.
A leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
15% Bonus, Training and Development Allowance, Healthcare, 25 Days Holiday (Option to buy 5 more), Flexi-hours, Flexible Working from home, Life Insurance andd multiple flexi-benefits for you to choose from.