MacArthur Recruitment is seeking a part- or recently-qualified accountant with sound numerical skills and MS Office, especially Excel, skills for the role of Management Accountant. The role will report to the Finance Director and primarily involve supporting them, and developing all areas of finance within the organisation.
The role is with a leading UK-based engineering company in West Cumbria. They are looking for somebody who is keen to make a difference to the company, department and role. This is an opportunity for you to develop your skills and career with this forward-thinking company.
Main Purpose of the position of Management Accountant :
You will be supporting the Finance Director and be involved in the financial and management reporting as well as financial controls. It will involve overseeing the Financial Ledgers and purchase and sales transaction processing and supporting the development of the IT and reporting systems.
Person Specification for the role of Management Accountant :
Working with the Finance team, the role will also involve liaison with the Senior Management team, Parent company Finance teams, auditors and Project Managers, so effective communication is vital. A sound knowledge of Accounting Principles is an essential requirement and the following skills are needed:
- CIMA, part or recently qualified a must
- Experience working in a manufacturing/engineering setting would be an advantage
- IT literate - sound MS Office (Excel) skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Navision ERP would be an advantage.
Principal Accountabilities for the role of Management Accountant :
- Assisting in the timely preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assisting in the production of budgets and monthly/quarterly forecasts
- Preparation and posting of accruals, prepayments and other month end journals
- Balance sheet reconciliations and preparing and submitting quarterly VAT returns
- Providing accurate and timely commercial analysis and support
- Establish and ensure compliance with agreed financial processes and controls
- Assist with identifying opportunities to improve efficiencies
- Proactively challenge existing processes to ensure best practice
- Assist with the development of the Microsoft Navision system and reporting
- Administer and input into the Group reporting system for monthly and annual accounts
- Project cost reporting and reviews, and working with the project team to minimise WIP
- Controlling the treasury activities and weekly cash flow forecasting
- Completion of Monthly statistical reports
- Controlling the sales ledger and liaising with customers and project teams to ensure payments are received in a timely manner
Why work for our client as a Management Accountant?
- Ever-growing but established organisation
- Good opportunities for training and career development.
- Pension, flexible working etc.
- Competitive salary of £22,000 - £30,000 d.o.e.
The culture of the company is positive and motivated. They deliver great products and develop their people through further training, making this a great place to work.
For more information, or to apply for the position of Management Accountant, please contact Steph, ideally with a copy of your CV.
At MacArthur Recruitment we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers. We collect your information for the purposes of providing job-finding services only, and do not sell, rent or trade lists with other companies for marketing purposes.
We don’t collect cookies on our website, or use analytical tools to monitor visitor behaviour. We believe that if you want to get in touch with us, you will.
Any information you provide to us on your CV or via a job board is kept securely on our database and is shared with any potential employer only after you have given permission for us to do so.