Compliance & Risk Manager (Practice Assurance) - London
We are looking for a Compliance & Risk Manager to join a leading UK TOP 25 firm's Practice Assurance Team, based in Central London.
The Compliance Manager & Risk Manager is a critical role within the Firm, responsible for supporting the Board and Partners in delivering the professional regulatory elements of the Firm’s commercial objectives. The job holder is also involved in day to day operational matters and in particular supporting the Finance, HR, IT and Marketing departments
Duties & Responsibilities:
The role covers governance, risk and compliance with a focus on the legal areas of contractual arrangements, engagement risk and 3rd party exposure. The role will involve the following areas:
* The review of standard documentation - reviewing templates; ensuring documents are up to date; working with the Technical team to identify changes to templates or engagement letters; monitoring advice and guidance given by the ICAEW for best practice
* Complaint management - logging all complaints received and allocating responsibility for investigation and reporting; monitoring the complaints process; provide reports to the Finance Partner when required; monitoring trends from complaints and make suggestions for improvements
* Engagement and 3rd party risk - reviewing and negotiating engagement contracts; reviewing NDAs, supplier contracts, sub-contracting agreements and other documentation; answering ad-hoc legal queries from all business units
* Maintain the Firm’s risk register - keeping high risks under control; advising department heads on risk mitigation; conducting an annual review of the register
* Regulation Monitoring - monitoring forthcoming changes in both regulation and best practice areas determined by the ICAEW; assessing the impact of changes on form policy and procedure; issuing proposals to the Partners and Compliance team for proposed changes to documentation; implementing approved changes and cascade knowledge internally
* GDPR and DPA
* Practice Assurance Review - undertaking the annual review and setting an annual strategy; updating and designing the review; working closely with the Regulatory Manager to undertake a review of all practice areas and systems
* Compliance Manual - maintaining the Compliance Manual; reviewing best practice in accordance with this; refreshing the manual annually
* Professional Indemnity Insurance - assisting with the preparation of the annual PII submission
* Attend Compliance meetings - attending internal and external meetings to provide a compliance perspective
* Sign off on templates and materials - approving marketing materials and promotional information; ensuring information is up to date; keeping a record of all approved materials
* Training - arranging and delivering training courses on risk and compliance matters
* Ad-hoc queries
The role would ideally suit somebody with a minimum of 5 year's experience within a Compliance role, with at least some of this time within a professional practice.
If you are interested in the position, please apply for more details!!