IT Support Engineer Level 3
Winners are looking to recruit an IT Support Engineer Level 3. The Engineer will be working within the Engineering team reporting to the Engineering Management to provide daily maintenance and improvement of the company local, hosted and customer IT infrastructure. Incorporating new projects, system improvements and fault diagnostics.
- Monitoring WAN/LAN system status, security, performance and availability. Reporting failures using internal job logging system.
- Daily monitoring of all device and monitoring systems logs, reporting issues & applying fixes. Again, super-user access required.
- Designing & implementing configuration backup strategies & data security such as encryption.
- Review and redesign of internal WAN architecture
- Review & improvement of internal and customer network systems monitoring and systems security.
- Detailing Topology using VISIO
- Review, upgrade & Implementation of new Services & Systems in association with Engineering Management, Project Teams and customer commissions.
- Authoring R&D Reports.
- Authoring of reports to Engineering & Senior Management, customers and stakeholders. Constructing coherent feasibility studies, system deficit & upgrade recommendation reports at advanced & basic Technical level.
- Occasional pre-arranged out of hours work where required with system upgrades or maintenance.
- BCDR IT strategies and design.
Knowledge & Skills
- 3 years’ experience in IT & servicing IT Systems, server facilities administration & Customers.
- 3 years’ experience in CISCO routing and firewall administration.
- 3 years enterprise level design experience accompanied by case studies.
- Wireshark network diagnostics
- Familiarity with a wide range of alternative vendor networking equipment spanning SOHO to Enterprise technologies.
- Good general education to GCSE/A level standard
- Experience in IT i.e., different operating systems, communications & networking
- Good Social Engineering Skill set, as well as written communication skills essential.
- The ability to work co-operatively within a team, across the Company, and with external customers where applicable.
- Ability to problem Solve & diagnose and fix Systems hardware and make sure they are operating correctly.
The role is being offered on a full basis and may require visits to client sites. Along with an excellent salary the company are offering 28 Days annual leave (Inc. Bank Holidays) increasing to 33, pro-rata. Excellent development and training opportunities exist along with competitive remuneration and extensive company benefits. If you have the relevant experience, then please click the link and submit your CV, or contact Maxine at Winners Recruitment.