Registered Care Home Manager
EXCITING NEW POSITION / REGISTERED CARE HOME MANAGER
My Client is looking for an experienced, focused and determined Registered Manager. Posessing a wide range of experience, be a self-starter and be focused on excellent care delivery. You must be able to develop positive relationships with external stakeholders such as CQC, Social Services and the local Safeguarding team; and also motivate and develop staff.
Our Home has more than 75 beds; and admits both men and woman aged primarily over 65. Some of our Residents have complex needs (both physical health and dementia related).
The front part of our building is Grade 2 listed, and the service is spread across three floors. This is an exceptional opportunity that will be both challenging and rewarding. You will have the chance to make the role your own. You will be expected to raise and maintain standards; and also develop the ethos and culture of the Home.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Promoting positive and Person-Centred Care for all Resident's.
- Managing risk appropriately and safely.
- Leading and developing staff across all functions (care and non-care).
- Ensuring all staff are trained to the required levels.
- Implementing and managing of audits and governance structures; ensuring a culture of "analyse, review and improve".
- Safe recruitment, selection and retention of staff.
- Employee relations, including staff communications, managing absence, disciplinaries, grievances and sickness.
- Actively ensuring the Home has the highest possible level of occupancy by utilising links with the local community, positively marketing the Home and increasing public awareness of our services.
The Ideal Candidate
- Will have strong understanding of care service and delivery, within a large Residential Care Home.
- Will have a resilient character, with high standards of probity and integrity.
- Previous demonstration of the ability to market care services successfully.
- Strong leadership skills in managing and motivating large teams of people.
- The ability and drive to be caring and supportive of resident's and their relatives.
- Minimum of 5 Years' experience as a Registered Manager of a large Care Home or similar; and at least 15 years of experience in the care industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of CQC standards and experience of meeting all CQC and Social Services requirements.
- Good knowledge and literacy of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook as a minimum).
Salary £50,000 plus Bonus Potential of £20,000, 20 days AL plus Bank Holidays
If you are interested in the position, then please get in touch on / for an informal discussion or submit an up to date copy of your C.V via email To