Paediatric Nurse Band 5/6
MSI Group are recruiting for Paediatric Nurses with medical or surgical ward experience to work on a temporary/ad-hoc basis in Leicester.
Skills & Responsibilities:
Skills and Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Critical-Thinking Skills: Paediatric nurses will need to assess a patient's health, as well as detect changes in symptoms, health or pain, and will need to know when action is necessary.
- Compassion: Nurses help people. You will need to be sympathetic to a patient's needs, and be able to deal with people in various states of pain, trauma and tragedy.
- Attention to Detail: Nurses can help doctors operate, administer medicines and work with specific treatments that, if wrong could prove fatal. Attention to detail is crucial.
- Organizational Skills: Nurses will face multiple patients, with differing needs, stages of health and risks. Being organized and knowing how to prioritize will be helpful.
- Calm Under Pressure: Nurses might face emergency, life-or-death situations. Being able to function in the heat of emergency will be necessary.
- Patience: Giving care under stressful circumstances requires patience.
- Communication Skills: Nurses might communicate directly with patients who are scared, in pain or in shock. Families will have questions and want answers. Nurses need to be a patient listener and good communicator to help keep everyone calm and help them understand the situation.
MSI offer our Theatre Nurses the following benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Dedicated specialist recruitment consultant
- On-call support team available 24 hours a day
- Daily payroll services
- Quick & easy registration
- Free basic life support training
- Moving & handling training
- Up to £200 referral scheme
Skills & Qualifications:
- NMC registered. Your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- A minimum of 6 months experience post graduation in a UK NHS hospital
- 6 months NHS experience within the last 2 years
Please get in touch to find out more about this opportunity. Please either reply to this advert or email me with a copy of your CV to or call me on