Finance Business Partner
About the job
The main focus of the finance department is to drive revenue and profit growth in-line with Plusnet's strategy. The department achieves this through growing the business, driving value through cost transformation, partnering with the business and developing smarter financial systems and processes.
The key purpose of this role will be to control the budgets, reporting, analysis and business insight driven activity relating to the Technology & Delivery areas of Plusnet.
Please note this is a fixed term contract opportunity for 12 months.
As Operations Finance Manager you will…
- Create and be accountable for the forecasting and reporting models for the Technology and Delivery divisions of Plusnet
- Business partner to the Plusnet CIO and Delivery Director providing support and challenge
- Be accountable for the month end analysis and ensure risks and opportunities are highlighted to ensure a no surprises culture is maintained
- Maintain a medium term financial model to demonstrate impact of decisions on both a short and medium term basis
- Drive economic based decision making in business cases for operational enhancements
- Provide business case support as required to drive operational efficiencies and support on regulatory and other development activities
- Be accountable for reporting and forecasting of the capital expenditure for Plusnet and support the roadmap planning process for the business, ensuring robust business cases support all projects
- Provide project accounting to assess the profitability and increase transparency of major business case projects within Plusnet
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills and experience…
- Full professional accounting qualification (CIMA / ACCA / ACA)
- Outstanding Excel skills
- Able to demonstrate the ability of information interpretation
- Able to inspire confidence in, and to work with people at all levels
- Able to work both on own initiative and as a team player
- Ability to manage on high and complex workload and hit deadlines consistently
- Excellent organisational skills
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude