Operations/Purchasing Manager - £27,000 - £30,000
Operations Manager - LED Eco Lights - Camberley
Have you got experience of being in a warehouse environment?
Do you want to manage a small team?
Are you a logical and process driven individual?
An exciting role has arisen for an individual from a logistical background with experience in operations to join a company that is a leader in its field. Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for all aspects of purchasing.
- Develop a purchasing strategy
- Forecast levels of demand for services and products
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities
- Manage, train and supervise the Warehouse Team
- Keeping stock control systems up-to-date
- Liaise with suppliers, customers and logistics companies
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers - ensuring that suppliers are aware of business objectives
- Negotiate and agree pricing, contracts and rebates, monitoring the quality of service provided
- Evaluate bids and make recommendations, based on commercial and technical factors
- Produce presentations about market analysis and possible growth
- Produce weekly and monthly reports for senior levels of management
- Excellent oral, written, numeracy and analytical skills
- Excellent communication with suppliers, clients and work team
- Experience of at least 2 years in a similar role
- A team player
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Competent with IT systems
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work on a tactical and strategic level
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience of using Orderwise and ACT (training can be given)
This is a really exciting opportunity for someone who has a passion for logistics and purchasing. If this is you; apply today!
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://candidate-privacy