Graduate Machine Vision Software Engineer - South Manchester
Our market leading manufacturing client based in Stockport seeks a Graduate for a specialist role within their engineering team. The company are seeking someone they can train up to be their Machine Vision Software Engineer.
They are looking for a bright, enthusiastic university graduate with between zero and three years post-qualification experience to be a part of our development team to assist with the development and maintenance of our Machine Vision software. This is an interesting hands-on role writing multi-purpose C++ code to support current and future software projects for our customers.
The main duties of this role are to:
- Maintain the measurement systems software, investigating and resolving problems.
- Extend the functionality of the systems software to meet customer requirements.
- Assist with feasibility investigations for new applications and projects, including the production of specifications.
- Follow the company software engineering standards and procedures.
There may be an opportunity for some UK and foreign travel should that interest the successful candidate, with site installations across the world.
- Fluent in C++ PC software development in MS Visual Studio or Embarcadero C++ Builder.
- Knowledge of some of the following:
o Interfacing with real-world devices, such as sensors, motor drives, etc.
o Data analysis and display.
o User interface design.
o Integration/communication with other computer systems.
- An analytical and methodical approach to solving problems, and able to work through them in a structured manner.
- A working knowledge of Windows PC use, including installing and configuring applications and connecting to networks.
- Conversant in the use of IT software, including word-processing, spreadsheets, email, etc.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of UML design.
- Familiarity with software version control and issue tracking tools.
- Clean driving licence.
- Unrestricted UK passport.
£25 - 33K, depending on qualifications and experience.
Please apply immediately for consideration or contact Ruth Llewellyn at White Label Recruitment.