Fabrication Team Leader
About the Company: We are actively recruiting for our client based on the outskirts of Derbyshire.
Job overview: Our client is looking for a Fabrications Manager to manage and organise the shop floor workforce in the daily leadership towards targeted output levels in accordance with safety guidelines and quality standards.
Daily tasks will include:
- Organising staffing to fulfil daily production requirements
- Supervise all staff in fabrication shop to ensure timely completion of all work projects
- Lead, train and develop fabrication shop staff
- Ensure smooth flow of production through fabrication department to meet all deadlines and output levels as set by the Fabrication Manager
- Manage staff holidays and all overtime requirements in line with Fabrication Manager's overview and in accordance with project deadlines
- Planning workload
- Ensure all good practice methods are maintained at all times, complying with Company protocols, quality requirements and customer requirements
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of the fabrication shop staff is maintained at a high level
- Review Health & Safety with the fabrication shop
- Ensure all machinery is maintained to a high standard
About you: You must have a minimum of 3 years' experience in a production leadership or supervision role and have lean manufacturing or ISO experience. You will be apprentice trained to either City & Guilds or B-TEC in welding and fabrication. You will have strong organisational skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You must be competent in welding processes and techniques with the ability to understand complex engineering drawings.
What's in it for you? This role is being offered on a full time permanent basis - this role is for 39 hours a week with a rate of pay of circa £17.00 per hour (£34,476.00). There is free car parking and kitchen facilities on site.
If you are interested, please apply online or contact Nikki Tatton
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.
If you have not been contacted by telephone or email within 7 days of your application, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Unless you notify us otherwise, we will retain your CV and covering letter on our database and may contact you with other job opportunities in the future.