There is now a vacancy for a Hardware Engineer to join a leading manufacturing company. Hardware Engineer role is based in Rochester. Salary is £40,000-£45,000 + company benefits.
Hardware Engineer - Role Purpose:
To design and develop new hardware for company product range and to support existing products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop hardware for products and associated equipment.
- Involve in both analogue and digital design at system, product and circuit level
- Schematic design of high speed interfaces
- Utilising EMC and Signal Integrity to complete impedance matching, decoupling strategies and debug of designs
- Liaise with other hardware engineers, production and production engineering where necessary.
- Ensure that designs meet the stated objectives relating to performance, cost and timescale.
- Ensure that work is carried out within the framework of the company’s Production Engineering and Purchasing procedures.
- Produce prototypes of designs where appropriate.
- Maintain and update existing product designs and design documentation as required.
Hardware Engineer - Person Specification
- Ideally degree level or equivalent (although compensating experience will be considered)
- Proven experience in hardware design and development role
- Hands on analogue and digital design at system, product and circuit level.
- OrCAD/ALTIUM schematic design including best practices and techniques for high speed interfaces (NAND, NOR memory) designs.
- Experience using firmware-hardware interface development / integration
- Skilled with microcontrollers / embedded systems
- EMC and Signal Integrity best practices and techniques
- Awareness of CPLD or FPGA designs using VHDL
- Time management and project leading skills