At Exertis, we thrive in a company culture that is driven to deliver more for customers. Our employees are committed, proactive and motivated. This dynamic environment contributes to a thriving growth-focused culture throughout Exertis, providing many career opportunities that span sales, commercial and corporate activities.
The Purchasing Assistant is required to be an integral member of the purchasing team, supporting and liaising with the buyers and vendors to ensure administration & management information is completed to a high standard.
- Support the day to day co-ordination of the buyer's workload
- Complete daily and monthly reporting
- Contact manufactures for delivery dates
- Updating of information on internal systems
- Item creation and maintenance of part codes
- Raising of purchase orders
- Dealing with and raising of service requests
- Filing duties
- General admin duties to assist the buyers and their daily workload
- General order management
- Telephone support for all buyers.
- Demonstrate a strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the DCC Group Code of Conduct.
- A professional, polite and articulate manner at all times
- A good understanding of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Self-confidence to build relationships with manufacturers to work as part of an effective team with excellent communications skills
- Willingness to learn from colleagues and develop your career
- Self-motivation with a positive outlook, always willing to rise to the challenge and show initiative and creativity
- A consistent, reliable approach to the role