Full time Room Leader / Deputy Nursery Manager - Permanent
Full time Room Leader /Deputy Nursery Manager - Permanent
Up to £22,000k per annum
Quint Education is one of the leading agencies that work with day nurseries and children Centres in London and surrounding area. We are currently recruiting for a Room Leader/ Deputy Manager to join an Ofsted rate "Good" nursery based in Norwood area (SE19).
About the setting
Based in a large house with 4 floors, on floor one there are two rooms, for babies and toddlers. There is now an extension in these rooms and there is a lot of space for staff to complete their activities.
On the second floor there is a transition room for toddlers before they go into preschool room.
Then floor 3 has 3 large rooms for preschool age group. Each room has separate activity areas that are based alongside the EYFS framework.
The 4th floor has a lovely staff area with free coffee, tea and a lovely Sofa to relax at lunch time.
Large outdoor area with many and equipment and toys for staff to use with children
The Assistant Managers post is not a supernumery post, i.e., he/she will be included in Staff: Child ratios. The Assistant Manager will also act as a Key Carer and Room Leader and he/she will be responsible for a group of children and for the overall management of his/her designated room.
Managerial input at all levels is vital to the smooth running of the nursery and the Assistant Managers role is seen as crucial in this respect.
The Assistant Managers role is primarily a 'shop floor’ role and whilst in the play environment, the manager will be constantly developing her/his positive relationships with children, staff and parents/carers. Furthermore, like the Manager, the Assistant Manager will be acting as a positive role-model for staff, demonstrating the high standards of care and education required by First Step Day Nursery.
Whilst it is accepted that the hours of service are 40 hours per week, the Assistant Manager must be prepared to work around the needs of the nursery and this may sometimes mean opening the nursery at 8:00am and staying until 6:00pm.
The Assistant Manager, like the Manager, may appropriately delegate some duties, but responsibility may not be abdicated.
It is expected that all staff members Continually develop their roles, and job descriptions, as necessary to ensure that duties etc reflect the ongoing improvement programme of the nursery and overall business as well as the continually changing field of childcare.
Skills/Knowledge/Qualifications required for this post:
- NVQ3 or equivalent with relevant post qualifying experience
- Child Protection training
- Special Educational Needs Training
- Behaviour Training
- An understanding of how teams work and function, either via training or a demonstration of knowledge whilst in post as a nursery officer
- An ability to work with others at all levels
- An ability to work with parents and carers of children using the facility
- An understanding of curriculum to be delivered.
- To hold current and relevant first aid certificates that meets the needs of registering bodies such as Ofsted, Environmental Health etc. *
Some benefits consist of:
- 28 days holiday as well as 5 inset days
- Quarterly training with different training providers
- Every first Friday of the month get to finish early at 4:3pm but paid until 6pm
- Great salary paying up to £22,000 per annum!
- Parking is available outside nursery
This is a 40 hour a week role working as a room leader/deputy manager in a Good nursery. If you are looking to join a team that value you and have the chance to progress apply now!