Overnight Supervisor Female
Marine Society and Sea Cadets are currently looking for a Sea Cadet Overnight Supervisor (Female) but within the organisation your role would be Overnight supervisor, SCTC Caledonia to become part of our Fife team. This role isapart time, permanent position 90 days per annum with variable working hours that could average 16 hours per day with a salary of £7.83 per hour.
Marine Society & Sea Cadets (MSSC) is the governing charity of the Sea Cadet Corps (SCC), the UK’s largest maritime youth charity. Our 400 Sea Cadet Units nationally inspire 14,000 young people between 10 & 18 to learn and develop new skills that give them a head start in life through adventurous nautical activity. We also offer educational opportunities and financial support for professional seafarers.
About the Overnight Supervisor (Female) role:
We are currently looking to recruit a dynamic and motivated Overnight Supervisor (Female) to provide overnight supervision to cadets aged 12-18 attending residential training courses at our facility in Caledonia. This role will work in conjunction with a male supervisor in support of the centre’s planned training programme.
The post holder will be responsible for discharging Marine Society and Sea Cadets’ duty of care to young people, as directed by and in support of the Commanding Officer, SCTC Caledonia.
We have an operational requirement to maintain appropriate male to female ratios of overnight supervision for our 12 to 18 year old cadets, so we are only recruiting for a female Overnight Supervisor at this time.
Experience needed as ourOvernight Supervisor (Female) includes:
- Experienced at working with young people including positive ways to address challenging behaviour
- Experience of delivering fun and safe activities for young people outside of formal training periods
- Able to demonstrate maturity and professionalism, and be adaptable and flexible in your approach to work
- A full, clean driving licence, preferably with D1 and experience of driving a minibus
- Some knowledge or experience of the Sea Cadets would be useful, but is not essential
- Be passionate about working with young people and want to put their skills and knowledge in to practice as part of our team.
In return as ourOvernight Supervisor (Female) you will receive:
- Competitive reward package including eligibility to join the employer’s generous voluntary contributory pension
- MSSC private medical insurance scheme
- Generous leave entitlement
If you would like to join our team as our Overnight Supervisor (Female) rolethen please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date for applications: 27th March 2019 midday
Interview date: TBC
Successful applicants will be required to undergo relevant mandatory checks