Relationship Manager, Charities & Not for Profit - Home Based
Regional Manager - Charities & Not for Profit
Home Based Role covering London & South
An ethical Savings and Loans Bank that was always going to be different. What drives them isn’t profits, but a shared idea about the world they want to live in. They were founded to support charities with loans that they couldn’t find elsewhere and to show people how their savings could be invested ethically and in ways that would make them happy.
They offer savings accounts for individuals, charities & businesses and loans to small and large organisations where the loan is being used for a social purpose.
Overall Purpose of the Role
- TheRegionalManagerisresponsibleforincreasingthegrowthintheBank’slendingbookthroughthe identification and conversion of new borrowing opportunities into attractive loans, the effective management of existing relationships and by successfully raising the profile of the Bank’s role and mission.
Key priorities include:
- Seek new lending opportunities within the Bank’s risk appetite and criteria.
- Manage existing relationships in the social sector and borrowers actively.
- Develop and maintain relationships with third parties who may be a source of business for the Bank, including umbrella and representative organisations, trusts and foundations, and professional firms or service providers, active or potentially active in the region.
- Market the Bank’s savings products and seek, obtain and retain deposits.
- Liaise with various public sector bodies, including Government and local authorities, with a view to developing our lending activities in the region.
- Undertake activities, including speaking at appropriate conferences, to raise awareness ofthe Bank’s profile and presence across the region and to promote the Bank’s role and mission.
- Manage relationships with other lenders, both social and mainstream, with a view to cross-referring (where outside our risk appetite) and/or sharing loan deals (where beyond our risk capacity) and vice versa.
- Support the marketing and PR activity of the Communications and Marketing Team.
- Be a champion for actual and potential customers in the social sector, identifying barriers to access to finance and proposing, piloting and supporting innovative solutions when appropriate.
- Meet business development targets as agreed by the Director of Lending or other relevant Senior Manager.
- Other tasks as may be directed by the Director of Lending or other relevant Senior Manager.
- Develop and enhance the profile of the Bank to potential borrowers and depositors throughout the region by direct and indirect marketing, seeking business opportunities through speaking at and attending conferences and external events and by pursuing networking opportunities. Create and maintain contact with the regional press and media under agreed guidelines from the Head of Communications and Marketing.
- ResponsibleforthefullandaccurateutilisationofCRM,completionofloanapplicationsensuringthat the Bank’s standards are met and consistently applied.
- Assess the risks associated with a loan application, including site visits for fact-finding, review the business plans/financial information relating to a potential borrower and liaise with their trustees /managers / directors.
- Make loan recommendations with appropriate risk analysis of good quality to the Credit Team.
- Workwith the Bankstaffandwithborrowerstoensurethatapprovedloansareprocessedquickly and efficiently through to final drawdown.
- Support the Credit Team in the production of annual reviews by seeking answers to questions where appropriate. At all times maintain the relationship with the borrower.
- Identify borrowers who are or may be suffering credit stress and who represent an actual or potentially impaired exposure for the Bank and support the Credit Team in any work-out action that may be required.
- Analyse potential new lending or other business opportunities and broaden current coverage for business development, and write articles and reports, as appropriate under reference to the Head of Communications and Marketing.
- Respond to consultations and calls for evidence, as directed by the Executive Committee members.
- Identify barriers which limit current and potential customers’ access to finance, propose, pilot and support solutions in the region to enhance the exposure of new products and expand income streams.
- Actively manage a portfolio of borrowers and depositors.
- Develop relationships with Responsible Finance Providers (RFPs), prospective community banks, and other organisations (including other social lenders) in the region, which have complementary objectives and similar business disciplines to the Bank.
- Responsible for raising awareness of the Bank, its activities and capability in the region with the public sector and other stakeholders; through meetings, events and conferences.
- Maintain regular contact with the Director of Lending or other relevant Senior Manager attending meetings as requested.
- Meet agreed targets set by the Director of Lending.
- Manage and develop both existing and new introducers of business to the Bank.
- Over 5 years of relevant experience with a strong background in banking or similar organisation
- Proven business development skills and track record
- Proven experience of negotiating and influencing at a senior level
- Proven experience of lending, credit analysis, including unsecured lending in a commercial environment
- Banking qualification (or qualified by experience of a minimum of 10 years)
- Analytical skills including review of annual reports and accounts
- Knowledge of company law and accounting policies and standards
- Knowledge of government and local authority funding
- Knowledge of the social and charity sector
What’s on offer
- A small organisation where you can really make a difference
- Home based contract
- Base salary up to £65k depending on experience
- Benefits include: 25 days holiday, pension, private medical insurance, death in service, volunteering, give as you earn scheme, childcare vouchers etc.