- Teacher: Science (Physics)
- Location: Leyland
- Start: 5th April 2019 - May 2020
- Position: Temporary - Maternity cover
- Pay rate: £550 - £800 per week
- Must hold QTS
Teaching Personnel are looking to urgently recruit a Teacher of Science for one of our client secondary schools in Leyland. The school is over-subscribed and is 'Outstanding' in every aspect of its Ofsted inspection.
The school is looking to appoint a dedicated, passionate individual as a teacher of Science. Given the existing mix of staff in the department, a strong Physics background is desirable in the successful applicant. The Science department is one that has a clear vision for its development and has seen very strong outcomes for its students.
The Science Department consists of seven full-time teachers, a dedicated Science Teaching Assistant and two lab technicians. At KS4 there are seven classes in each year group, sitting AQA examinations. One group studies separate Sciences; the other groups sit the Trilogy Science. At KS3 groups are banded and there is a wider range of ability within each class.
Even though this position is temporary, you can be of comfort knowing that Teaching Personnel will be continuously working behind the scenes sourcing you your new exciting role; however these roles can turn into a permanent contract, should the school love you!
Working for Teaching Personnel you will benefit from:
- Choice and Variety - giving you a range of roles and job opportunities to choose from
- Teaching Personnel's CPD Academy - Your Continuous Professional Development
- Pay - Weekly pay based on your skills, experience, flexibility and availability
- myTP - Digital services that make your work admin and communication simple
- Interview preparation
- Continuous support from your Personal Recruitment Consultant
To register an interest or to apply, please send an up to date CV to Emily Billington at Teaching Personnel:
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.