Temp Accounts Assistant
Ensure a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in maintaining the computerised finance system and databases.
As required and instructed by the Financial Controller or other members of the finance management team, assist with other finance tasks required by the University.
- Input data into the computerised finance system, including general ledger and cashbook journals, internal recharges across the University Faculties and Professional services.
- Daily money market schedules.
- Prepare the reconciliation of designated University bank accounts on a regular basis and resolves queries arising from the reconciliation process.
- Assist the Financial Controller with the preparation and updating of budget and accounting files
- Ensure that entries from the payroll system are correctly posted to the general ledger and appropriate payroll reports are produced and distributed.
- Ensure all journals are correctly recorded and posted as required and investigate and clears items appearing in suspense accounts.
- Support the Financial Controller with various balance sheet reconciliations.
Skills and Experience:
AAT or equivalent qualification
Competent in the use of Excel and computerised finance systems
Previous experience of management accounting work
Knowledge of basic accounting principles
Self-motivated and able to meet deadlines without direct, daily supervision
Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Excellent attention to detail, numerate and take pride in your work.
Good communication skills