Design & Technology Technician Medway
Teaching Personnel are currently working with a lovely school who are seeking a DT Technician to join them on a full time basis.
Working in a very successful and well regarded department, the school are looking for someone with a creative and artistic flare looking to utilise their passion in a classroom environment to inspire pupils, bring modern interactive skills to the classroom whilst also gaining classroom experience.
JOB PURPOSE: To assist teaching staff in providing students in school with a relevant and effective Design & Technology experience and ensure high levels of achievement.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare materials as required by the subject teacher prior to lessons
- Observing and supporting class teachers in the DT department
- Assist Technology staff in developing resources for teaching and learning.
- Leading 1:1 and small group sessions with low and high achieving pupils
- Adapting your teaching abilities to fit the curriculum of the different key stages
- Creating and delivering your own pre-planned lessons to class sub-groups
- Ensure hand tools are kept in optimum condition and stored correctly
- Organise extra equipment for lessons
- Regularly maintain workshop equipment and tools and classroom areas
- Empty and clean the dust extraction filters as required by the manufacturer
- Keep all classrooms organised and free from hazards
- Work as part of a team within the Design and Technology Department assisting each other as and when required
- Organise materials, ingredients and tools in the Department
- Stock-taking and ordering of materials, ingredients and equipment
- Organise and catalogue books in Department
- Assist with organisation of trips
- Assisting with the Annual Technology Exhibition
- Provide support for the teacher during practical lessons this may include food lessons
- Under the direction of H&S Officer ensure that all Health & safety requirements are met.
- Assist teaching staff in promoting and raising the profile of D&T within School.
- Support the development and delivery of Computer Aided Design & Manufacture in D&T.
- Practical/hands-on experience is desirable but not a necessity
- Ability to show initiative and to prioritise one's own work and that of others
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Self-motivating with the ability to multi task
- Confident in the use of ICT
- Must be prepared for evening and weekend work
It should be noted that the above does not reflect a complete list of duties.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your CV and covering letter over now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.