An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Customs Manager who will control all inbound plant shipments and manage all UK customs duty and VAT processes for the plant. Whilst also ensuring they comply with the correct documentation, customs regulations and procedures. This role will also be the primary contact for HMRC and VAT authorities.
- Documentation complies with Statutory Customs Regulations.
- Primary contact for HMRC and VAT authorities
- Escalate to manager any non-compliance and suggest solutions
- Assist with different audits
- Provide training to ensure compliance
- Implement standard processes
Theideal candidatewill have:
- Import and Export Compliance Experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to prioritise and manage own workload effectively and to deadline
- Strong IT Skills: Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Experience in implementation of duty savings programme
- Experience with trade or other import/export software programmes
University Degree is preferred, also diploma in International Trade desirable
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.