Teaching Personnel are looking for Tutors to work 1:1 with multiple students who live in the Nottingham and Derbyshire area to provide tuition. This is an ongoing need across the counties and any tutoring experience is extremely valuable.
Tuition is provided for students who are in care without school placements, they may have yet to be given a place in the area or they may have been removed from mainstream school temporarily. This role will require you to have the understanding and empathy that these children need to continue their education during possibly difficult times.
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
- A Teacher with either QTS qualifications with experience of planning and delivering lessons
- Have an FE Qualification
- Confident to work on a 1:1 basis with a variety of students who may be very disengaged from education and also very vulnerable with possible Attachment Difficulties
- Able to liaise with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that progress is tracked on a regular basis
- Someone who can act as a positive role model to help the students re-engage with their education
- Someone who is able to boost self-esteem as well as help the student to make academic progress
- Experience with a number of key stages is ideal
- Able to inspire and engage possibly disengaged students
- Experienced in a vocational qualification (desirable), these can assist in the engagement of students
Benefits of this role include;
- Access to Teaching Personnel's CPD courses
- Ability to manage your own availability and diary
- Excellent pay rate of £25 an hour
- Role is generally based Mon-Friday 09:00-15:30 (unless otherwise agreed)
For additional information about this role, please contact Chloe Moffatt on as soon as possible.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.